The California Agricultural Export Training Program (CalAgX) benefits the producers, processors and marketers of California-grown or processed specialty crops. A two-day training session uses the lasts findings of targeted market research in Canada and Mexico, augmented with agricultural-specific instruction. Each of the sessions is designed to meet the learning needs food and agricultural companies exploring or new to exporting.
Program size is limited. Participation in the CalAgX program will be based upon how closely the applicant meets the criteria for participation listed below.
- Agriculture products are California grown
- Products are considered “Specialty Crops” as defined by the USDA
- Company must be based in California
- Company has less than two years of active exporting experience
- The company is a viable California business with an established domestic market and a registered Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Training will be conducted concurrently in Sacramento, Clovis and Los Angeles County. Between sessions, participants will have an opportunity to work on various assignments, consult with industry experts to reinforce the information learned in the class and take advantage of promotional activities designed to assist participants in becoming export ready.
How To Apply
Click here to be taken to the CalAgX Training Program application.
As part of the overall program, we will work with you to develop customized international market research and/or an international marketing plan to aid your company in establishing export goals, identifying potential markets for international expansion, and suggested implementation strategy for market-entry.