Unfortunately, the pandemic has challenged the district’s ability to support auxiliary operations such as the CITD. Thus, the CITD will close on August 31, 2020.
With anticipated reductions to operating budget and fewer ongoing resources, Los Rios Community College District must remain laser-focused on its mission providing students with the courses, programs, and student support services necessary to obtain employment or achieve transfer.
Since its establishment in 1989 by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, the Sacramento Center for International Trade Development has been the Capital Region’s lead business development and training partner for small business export success. The CITD provided such services as:
- Export business planning
- International market intelligence
- Trade research and policy analysis
- Staff trainings and workshops
- International trade show and trade mission facilitation
- Inbound foreign buyer meetings
- Foreign national delegation conventions
- Public-private business dialogues
- Business match-making
- Export financing and trade promotion grants for small business, and
- Student internships.
In partnership with government agencies such as the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) and California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the CITD has assisted local businesses in gaining access to and succeeding in international markets.
Additionally, the CITD has provided local and international internships for Los Rios students. The CITD has hosted student events like the Global Entrepreneurship Boot Camp to encourage Los Rios business students to think and act globally. The CITD has also made its resources available to Los Rios faculty.
For those seeking technical assistance please refer to these organizations:
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development: https://www.rd.usda.gov/ca
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Northern California Export Assistance Center: https://2016.export.gov/california/sacramento/index.asp
- U.S. Department of Commerce – District Export Council: https://norcal-dec.org/
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Northern California: https://www.sba.gov/offices/district/ca/citrus-heights
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation: https://www.dfc.gov/
- California Department of Food and Agriculture, State Export Trade Programs: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/exec/Public_Affairs/Trade.html
- California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: https://business.ca.gov/
- California Chamber of Commerce, International Affairs: https://advocacy.calchamber.com/international/
- California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, Small Business Development Center: http://www.cahcc.com/
- California International Trade Center: https://cainternationaltrade.org/
- Capital Region Small Business Development Centers: https://www.capitalregionsbdc.com/
- Global Entrepreneurship training videos: https://www.sacramentocitd.org/resources/training-videos/
- Northern California World Trade Center: https://www.norcalwtc.org/
- Sacramento Minority Business Development Agency Export Center: https://www.sacramentombda.com/
- Sacramento SCORE: https://sacramento.score.org/